Loved the feedback from the last chapter, thank you! A little earlier than expected but here you go. Happy Commenting...
Song: The Kinks - Lola
JORDAN'S POV
“Do you have any idea what you’ve done?”
My phone beeped signalling a new message from Max as I picked it up, still lying in my bed. What had I done? I don’t remember last night. If Max was mad at me, it had to be bad. My head throbbed as I lay there, the sunlight dazzling through my bedroom. I felt the bed shift next to me. Was Ella here? I turned my head to see a familiar looking girl with brown hair and black stripes. She looks like a racoon, was my first thought. That was definitely not Ella. Shit.
“Lola?” I said. How the fuck did she get in here? She might be the reason I had an angry voicemail and text from Max. I watched her sit up in bed, a slow grin spreading across her face. Why is she so happy? Now is not the time. What the fuck have I done?
“Hey there,” she purred at me. Yuck she reeks of alcohol. Why isn’t she wearing anything? Fuck - am I wearing clothes? I peeked under the covers, thankful that I was still dressed from the waist down. That means we can’t have had sex. Thank god.
“You were so out of it last night, maybe you’re feeling better now, maybe we can…” she whispered as she stroked my arm, laying a kiss on my temple. Her touch made me recoil inside. I felt disgusted, ordering her to leave. I had absolutely no idea how or why she was even here. I didn’t even want to know.
"Bye Jordy, call me when you're feeling lonely."
As soon as I heard the front door close I made my way into the kitchen before ringing Max. I wanted and needed to know what had happened last night.
“Max, tell me everything, what the fuck happened?” I said, leaning against the kitchen counter, praying Max had some answers. I listened to him babble on, about Ella not drinking, about how she’d gone looking for me, about how she’d suddenly left, Gina going after her, then Max told me he’d seen me in the middle of the dance grinding with Lola, fucked off my face. I’d been dancing with Lola in the middle of Diesel and no one had stopped me?!
“Dude, you need to go see her, apologise, before it’s too late,” Max told me. “Get your shit together and grovel.”
“I can’t do that. She won’t want to see me,” I began, looking out of the window at the grey sky. Even the weather reflected my dark mood.
“It’s the least you can do. If you don’t go, you won’t know how she feels,” Max said before hanging up on me. At least I knew what had happened last night even if Max was being a shit, though I could hardly blame him, it was my fucking fault. I think I know how she feels.
I pulled some eggs out of the fridge, chucking them angrily into a pan, making myself an omelette. I needed food before I could do anything. I couldn’t believe I’d let myself get that drunk and desert Ella for Lola. She had nothing on Ella, Ella was incomparable, she was stunning and she had looked gorgeous last night. I remember picking her up – she looked beautiful. She is beautiful, so why did I bring last month’s sket back to my place. Did I bring her back here? Or did she invite herself? Either way it didn’t make any difference now; Ella wasn’t here and she hadn’t texted me. She had run out of Diesel last night and I’d lost her trust.
I tried calling her after I ate my omelette – it rang several times before the voicemail kicked in. And again. “Ella, please. Call me,” I said before hanging up. The puck’s on her stick now, it’s her turn to decide what to do. I only hope it’s not too late.
I opened the fridge for some chocolate milk, noticing the toffee sauce she’d brought over was still in there. I threw it in the bin. That had been such a good night – despite my botched attempt at cooking. I didn’t need a reminder of what I’d just screwed up. I’d told her I’d loved her during sex and then I had gone weird on her yesterday trying to work out if she remembered me telling her I loved her just as I came. I mean I love being with her, she brings out the best in me and I love having sex with her. She plays my body like Jimmy Hendrix played guitar – amazingly. But I wasn’t sure that I was in love with her. I’m not sure that I’ve ever been in love, but whatever chance I’d had with Ella was gone, I was pretty sure of that.
I tried ringing her again but instead of even ringing it went straight to voicemail. She’s avoiding my calls now. She doesn’t want to speak to me. The truth hurts. If only I had a watch and could turn back time.
Why in my moment of weakness had I chosen Lola? Jose Cuervo and I are no longer friends after last night. Lola is. Urgh. Lola is nothing. She means nothing to me, she just happened to be there. And she threw herself at me. The last bit I wasn’t so sure about, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t initiate anything with her last night. She just happened to be in Diesel, which is rare, because I never see her in there. Now all I have to do is tell Ella all of this.
“Gronk you’re too late. Gina’s told me Ella’s in Montreal,”
Max’s text read. I punched the kitchen counter hard, drawing blood on my knuckles. Ouch. Why did I just do that? I’m such an idiot. I thought about throwing my phone against the wall, but realised Ella couldn’t text me if I did that.
I walked back into my bedroom, changing the sheets from my bed. I didn’t need a reminder of what I’d done last night, as I stuffed the white linen into the machine. I sat down on the floor in my living room and called TK. Maybe he’d come around and cheer me up.
“Sorry man, Kelsey and I are furniture shopping. Call Ella”
Frustrated I put my phone back in my pocket. Clearly TK had no idea about what happened last night. Practice started in half an hour, I should really get my butt in gear. Getting my bag ready, I jogged down the stairs instead of taking the lift, trying to call Ella again. Voicemail again. Max would help me; he knows what women want. Suddenly the realisation hit me:
I’ve lost her.
Hello Goodbye
7 years ago

AHH! What realization???
ReplyDeleteUgh, Lola. I feel bad for Ella, but kind of for Jordan, too. I feel like Ella is playing him hot and cold, he seems all confused. Going to Max does not sound like a recipe for success and at this point I think Jordan should really just sit down with Ella and ask her point blank if this is something she wants. One second she's freaked out by the prospect of being exclusive and kind of brushes him off, and then she's pissed he's with another girl.
ReplyDeleteI mean, that isn't to say that Jordan had any right to be with another girl, he was the one who brought up the whole exculsivity thing in the first place. And I guess, the same way Ella seems to be a commitment-phobe, Jordan really needs to just tell her that he actually really likes her.
Relationships are about more than really good sexxx, although that doesn't help!
Great update, sorry I have been a little behind in commenting, I am desperately trying to keep up with my story and the end of the school year. Just know that it is seriously the nicest procrastination gem when I log-in to blogger at the library and you've updated!
Can't wait to see how he gets himself out of this hole and if she is finally wised up to the fact that she really likes him!
Asldkfghasd;glk!!!!
ReplyDeleteStupid Lola... stupid Jordan... At least Max is attempting to help him* Yay Max!!
And I definitely think that Jordan and Jose should stay away from one another after that!!
Jordan's lucky that alcohol limits "performance" or he'd have no excuses at all. I agree with K though, Ella doesn't seem to know exactly what she wants from their relationship. A girl's gotta make up her own mind first.
ReplyDelete