Friday, April 16, 2010

22. Saturday

Sorry this for the filler chapter but it's going somewhere. Once again this one will be in two parts, the second will be up tomorrow.

Also, please take a look at MelTing's story, here and let's get her some more followers because she deserves it.


As always I really appreciate any comments, please keep commenting - it's nice to know who's actually reading this. India :)


Song: Hanson - Thinking Bout Something


ELLA’S POV - PART ONE


Don’t you just love Saturday mornings? The feeling that you have a whole weekend ahead of you – two free days of nothingness = absolute bliss. As usual, Gina and I had taken refuge in the lounge, both hungover and still dressed in our pyjamas, with french toast and cups of tea. It had become something of a ritual over the last year to veg in the lounge and gossip. Usually Sophie was with us, but she had been spending more and more time with her dj boyfriend and now we rarely see her. Jordan had left early dragging himself to the arena – muttering something about a skates mix up and practice.

“So what are your plans for the rest of the weekend?” I said taking a sip of my huge mug of tea, stretched out on the sofa, admiring my pink toenails.

“Well, Max asked me to go for dinner tonight-” Gina started bashfully.

“Whoa, what did I miss out on last night?” I said sitting up, giving Gina my full attention. Her and Max - no way!She looked down at her knees as if she’d been caught doing the dirty before speaking up. “Max dropped me home last night and asked me out. You didn’t miss anything. And where did you sneak off to last night?”

So Gina had noticed. I hoped she hadn’t felt abandoned as I’d just left her in a flat full of hockey players and a cop stripper – not my smartest of moves.

“Um, we came back here. And we had sex, and then he said he loved me during sex. Gina, I’m so confused, no guy should say it during sex.” I picked at my French toast. I watched Gina’s eyes bulge before she swallowed and gave me her best advice.

“Honey, he likes you. That much is clear. And you were both so wasted last night neither of you could keep your hands off each other; I’m surprised you even remember. How was he this morning?”

“Hungover comme moi, and a little quiet. I think I’m going to pretend it didn’t happen, I mean it was during sex for god’s sake.”

Gina let out a long sigh. “At what point during sex?” Did we really have to go into this? She is my best friend and we share everything but some things aren’t necessary.

Gina gave me that look, the one that means 'You'll tell me sooner or later' and I knew I would. "When he came,” I said quietly. Gina sighed again, though I knew this one wasn’t a good sigh.

“And you like him?” I like him, but I don’t love him. I nodded.

“I do like him, but our relationship seems to be all physical and just built on sex. Though I'm not sure if I want the emotional and caring side of a relationship either. We have this ‘exclusivity’ thingy that he suggested, but then I said I didn’t want a boyfriend, and I don’t. It's the wrong time. But he just said it, and now I don’t know what to do. I can’t just forget it, I know we were both drunk, but I don’t want to bring it up either, he might remember, he might not, but we’re definitely not at that point yet. I just hope we’re still on the same page with this exclusivity thing. God, I can't even talk coherently today,” I muttered.

I did, I really hoped we were on the same page. I didn’t want a relationship, and I didn’t want anybody telling me they loved me. Admittedly it’s always nice to know that someone likes me, which is why I'm liking this exclusivity thing, Jordan worships my body in bed which puts a spring in my step. I need to know what Jordan wants from me and why he says it. It was probably just a slip up, not a Freudian slip I hope, we were caught up in the moment, that’s all.

“Ughhh,” I began running to the bathroom. I hugged the toilet bowl, praying to the porcelain gods. Hungover to the max – I’m never usually sick like this the morning after. But then I haven’t been drinking properly since before the incident, and before that – Spring Break which was over a month ago.

“You ok sweets,” Gina said, holding my hair back and rubbing my back. I shrugged my shoulders, still hunched over on my knees, throwing up the entire contents of my stomach, toast and all.

“It’s probably because you changed your medication, the doctor said you can’t drink very much now, and you and Jordan were going at it hard last night.”

Going at it hard last night? Did she hear? I looked up at her confused. “You, you heard?”

“No Ells, c’mon. I mean drinking. I’m surprised your blood hasn’t turned into tequila the way you were knocking them back last night.” I felt the bile rise in my thoat before leaning forward again to empty my stomach. I feel drained.

“I am never drinking again,” I said reaching for a tissue to wipe my mouth with.

“Famous last words,” Gina said, pulling me into a hug. “And I thought we were going to Diesel tonight? Max says we’re going after dinner.”

What? Who said anything about Diesel? I can’t even face alcohol right now, I don’t want to go to Diesel. And that's romantic of Max taking Ella to a club after dinner.

“You have to come,” Gina said. She’ll be wrapped around Max all evening, she doesn’t need me. And besides I haven’t spoken to Jordan about last night, I haven’t been invited out. I can’t play gooseberry and third wheel to Gina and Max.

“You’re coming, end of,” Gina said, “now take a shower. You smell of sex and sick.” What a winning combination.



I stood in the shower scrubbing every inch of me until I was red, letting the water take away every remaining bubble of shower gel, cleansing me of my sex and sick smell. I smothered myself in coconut moisturiser eradicating any trace of any other scents. I pulled my wet hair into a messy bun before getting dressed.

“Whoa, Jordan, what are you doing here? Don’t you have practice?” I was so surprised. I was looking like an absolute mess, wet hair, no make up, dressed in an old pair of ripped jeans and a tennis camp t-shirt and here was this blonde god sitting on my couch.

“I did this morning but I figured we could go get some lunch?” he said smiling. Lunch? Now?
“She’s just been sick, but she’ll go,” Gina answered for me giving me that ‘you’ll-thank-me-later’ smile.

“You ok?” he asked, getting off the couch and putting his big hands on my shoulders. I let out a little sigh before looking up at him.
“Fine, it’s because of the medication change. Give me five minutes to get ready,” I said giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek – not like one of those kisses from last night.

“OK, you sure?” he said looking me in the eyes, squinting to see that I was telling the truth. I flashed him a smile. I felt like shit but I could just get water and keep him company.

“Five minutes,” I stood on tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek. Why is he here? He was pretty awkward when he left this morning and unusually quiet. Lunch can’t hurt. Now where is my mascara? I dabbed on some mascara and blush before grabbing my leather jacket, a scarf and some brown flat knee high boots. At least I looked slightly presentable now.


“You sure you’re OK,” he said after we had walked a couple of blocks. I’m fine, I really am. I just puked because I drank too much. It’s not like I’m dying of anything. This caring side of Jordan was really hot, almost as much as the horny passionate guy who'd rammed me up against the side of the lift last night. I nodded again, still feeling a bit weak, wondering where we were headed.

“Starbucks?” I said all too surprised.
“Thought you might want some carrot cake,” Jordan replied. After being sick? In fairness the fresh air was doing me some good but I wasn’t sure I could even face the thought of food yet, and it was Jordan who was going to be eating lunch, he needed something more than sandwiches I’m sure.

I shook my head, and led him down the street. “You need to eat more than Starbucks for lunch,” I offered, not knowing where I was leading him. “Chinese?” Jordan responded.

“Whatever,” I said, as Jordan took my hand and led me across the street.

Certainly McDonalds was not where I thought we were going to be headed. The smell made me feel nauseous but I did manage not to run to the bathroom and I even ended up ordering a banana milkshake.
“Let’s go eat somewhere else,” I said once Jordan had paid for his humongous cholesterol heart attack.


Wordlessly Jordan followed me outside walking to the end of 5th Avenue and into Point State Park. I hadn’t planned on coming here but it was a sunny day and it was quiet, even for a Saturday.

“You not hungry?” Jordan asked offering me some fries or some of his burger. I shook my head. The milkshake was a good lining on my stomach and I didn’t feel like food right now. He pulled me closer to him on the bench as there was a cool breeze.

“We’re going to Diesel tonight, you should come,” Jordan said staring absentmindedly at the grass in front of us. He wasn’t making it sound like he really wanted me there. Was he just asking me because he wanted me there or was he trying to be casual and play it down. He wouldn't ask if he didn't want me to go? I figured there was only one way to find out.

“Sure, I’ll see you there,” I replied, giving him a kiss. I’ll find out what he wants later.

4 comments:

  1. India, thanks for the shout-out, I'm grateful and flattered!

    Now on to Ella, can't understand how she can keep resisting a relationship with a guy who is 'caring...passionate, horny', seems like the perfect combo to me. Should I be worrying about her getting sick as well?

    I'll have to stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she pregnant? That would totally mess things up.

    ReplyDelete