Saturday, May 1, 2010

29. Missing

SORRY!!!!

I've been a little busy with school work this week - and after yesterday's victory and Jordan's nice little goal I decided to post again. I should be back to posting more regularly soon, I'm a little stressed with school work, which is taking a priority at the moment, but there's plenty more to come... a bit of a fluffy filler... Fingers crossed Jordan's OK


Song: The Coral - Dreaming of You


ELLA'S POV


I rummaged through my wardrobe looking for my Chanel purse – the purse I wanted to use for dinner tonight with Jordan. I was almost ready and he was supposed to be here in five minutes. “Soph! Have you seen my purse?” Knowing Sophie, she’d probably been in my wardrobe again and not put it back. She means well but sometimes she’s a little scatterbrained.

“Umm,” Sophie began, coming in my room. I looked into the mirror, checking my hair and applying a coat of lip gloss. She looked more than a little guilty.

“About that? I had it, but I don’t anymore…” She doesn’t have it anymore? What?

“What do you mean?” my brows narrowing in confusion, as I put on a navy blue blazer - it finally felt like spring was here and I couldn’t wait, summer is my favourite time of the year = warm weather, pool parties and having a nice tan.

“I lent it to a friend…”

“Well, can you get it back, you know it's my favourite,” I said, grabbing the essentials and putting them into another purse, which didn’t really match. Jordan wouldn’t notice.

“It’s not that simple,” Sophie replied as I headed towards the door. How could it not be simple? If you borrow something, you give it back. I was cross that she’d lent my purse to someone without my permission, only to say it wasn’t easy to get it back? Why couldn’t she get it back?



I hopped into Jordan’s dark car, stealing a quick kiss before we drove off. I glanced across at him, taking in his light blue jeans and shirt, open at the neck. He smelt good, the heady scent of citrus fruits and morning dew clouding my head. I had no idea where he was taking me, but hopefully somewhere better than McDonalds where we ended up last time; tonight I was a little overdressed for there.

“Something’s bugging you,” Jordan said, as we sat across from each other in the back of a tiny Italian place I didn't even know existed. He was right – my conversation with Sophie was still on my mind. I took a sip of my sparkling water, deciding whether to tell him or not. It was such a trivial issue, it was hardly necessary, but I didn’t want him to think it was something he’d done either. I wanted this to go well since I had ‘taken control’ which I interpreted to mean going slow, one step at a time. Though we had already jumped into bed - several times - I didn’t want a relationship built on raw passion and lust, I needed something more, despite telling myself I didn’t need a boyfriend, I knew I was falling for him.

“Just a conversation I’d had with Sophie earlier. She borrowed a purse,” I explained, noting Jordan’s quick look of relief as I said the word ‘purse’. Was he worrying that he’d done something? So far this evening he’d been the perfect gentlemen, opening doors, holding out my chair for me. He wasn’t usually this chivalrous but I appreciate good manners as much as the next girl.

“When do your exams finish?” Jordan asked as the waitress fussed over him.

“May 10th and I graduate on the 31st.” I can’t wait until it’s over, I’ve spent every waking moment of this last week either in my bedroom or in the library revising, making notes and reading Arabic books. I was looking forward to having a life after exams and being able to enjoy the summer.

“Yeah? You can come to our playoff matches,” Jordan literally beamed at me. I let out a little smile. I don’t know about that. Whilst I like watching Jordan play hockey, I’m not sure that I want to go to every game he plays. I wasn’t into hockey before I met him and being with him hadn’t piqued my interest. Of course, I supported him and wanted him to win and do his best with the team, but I wasn’t going to religiously go to his matches or watch them all either.

“Hmm, who says you’re going to be in the playoffs?” I teased, my foot grazing slowly against his leg, pushing the bottom of his jeans up and down. Jordan swallowed hard, looking like I'd mortally offended him.

“Me! Last match is next Wednesday and we’re currently second,” he added. “How’s Felix?” That was a complete change of subject. I dropped my foot, watching the muscles in Jordan’s shoulders relax – who knew I had such an effect on him.

“Felix is fine, still seeing Rosalie, whom I’ve yet to meet.” God knows why Felix was still lusting after her, perhaps it’s because he’s always wanted the unobtainable and a stripper has that ‘look but don’t touch’ vibe.

“Hmm I still need to meet Felix,” Jordan stated still lost in thought. I moved my foot back to his leg instantly pulling him out of his thoughts, watching his jaw clench as my foot moved higher. Jordan stretched his legs out beneath the table, grinning lazily as I had more leg to play with.

“Ella, can we go now,” Jordan whined. I shook my head. Thank god for the long table cloth so no one could see what I was doing to him. I dropped my foot, before looking at the dessert menu.

“I think I want dessert,” I said scanning the list, watching Jordan pout from under my eyelashes. He could be such a girl sometimes. “Maybe crème glacée or the tarte aux pommes…” I could tell Jordan was desperate to leave the restaurant and go somewhere else for his ‘dessert’ but since I was now calling the shots, I didn’t want to head straight to the bedroom. I wasn’t going to play games with Jordan, but I was damn sure he wasn’t going to get everything he wanted just like that. And a little teasing wasn’t going to hurt him. He needed to learn some patience.

“Ellaaa,” Jordan murmured again, trapping my feet between his and squeezing. I smiled my sweetest and most innocent smile back at him then taking a slow sip of my drink. I knew exactly what I was doing – I knew I was driving him crazy but watching him was turning me on too.

“Jordannn,” I copied back.

As soon as my dessert arrived, Jordan pulled out his wallet and dumped a few bills on the table before grabbing my hand and the dessert plate, pushing me out of the restaurant. This dominant Jordan was such a turn-on, I wouldn't have minded if he'd poured the ice cream over my body, licked it off and had his way with me up against the front of his car.

4 comments:

  1. omg, this story is so good, i want more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said this was fluffy filler but it might just be my favourite chapter lol. I guess you just do all types of chapters well!

    The last line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He needs to tell her about Sophie, or it's going to blow up later... NOT GOOD!

    But great chapter*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back India!

    Oh ho, Ella's finally admitting to herself that she's falling. Maybe things will go smoothly for a bit, I think his dominant side is attractive too.

    ReplyDelete